Thursday 29 April 2010

Clash of the Titans

This blog is bo-ring.
No updates since we found a title, shame on us. Well, to our defence I can say that we were very busy: we're organising a show here.

And no, this post is no movie review.
I remember I have said that the relationship between curator and artist is like flying a kite. Let's spend a few words about the relationship between curator and curator instead...or else, between a group of five peers with different ideas and one common goal: to put up a very good show and impress, to finally do the job we are studying for.

First of all, it should be fun without forgetting professionalism, but of course the latter tends to take over and, as it is normal, difference of opinions arises because everyone has his or her own way to push for excellence. That is when, basically, I came to think of the Titans.

Imagine a huge battlefield, with nothing but dried land, the earth trembling and cracking while the fight rages. Gigantic creatures are wrestling each other, their powerful cries high above the cloud of dust caused by their clashes. Suddenly, a small figure emerges from the mayhem (Perseus?), puts himself well out of the way, wipes the sweat and dirt from his brow and sits down to wait. 
He understood this is not serious: in the end, the Titans and Titaness were brothers and sisters fighting like children over a toy: at the end of the day, everything will end up the Italian way, or singing Kumbaya.

These last two expressions need a bit of clarification,  I guess what I intended is not clear enough when you click on the links...English is not my first language (as you might have noticed from the possible errors around), and I was looking for the right expression to say that no matter how big the discussion is, at the end the storm finishes with a laugh and a pat on the shoulder, like nothing at all had happened. And that's good, I think it shows good teamwork.
For my researches, Wordreference is my best friend, really, I'd be lost without it! When I looked up the sentence, I was very surprised to find out that someone had the nerve to translate "finire a tarallucci e vino", which in Italian literally means "to end up (an argument) drinking wine and eating biscuits", as "to end up the Italian way." I thought it was so funny (and appropriate) that I bursted out laughing. Just making fun of myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment