Tuesday 9 March 2010

Suz has gone into a lot of depth about the idea of space - nice and juicy stuff. Cheers for that, love. I'm still not really sure what I make of unit2, I really don't like its name and the other day coming out of Whitechapel across the road the vile purple sign above looks more like a shit Birmingham night club than a gallery.


Sophie Vent, a recent graduate from Goldsmith, has agreed in principle to be in the show which is more than exciting. She works in a really interesting way which I wont try to explain but instead push you towards this link where you can see some of her lovely work.

I'm not sure that we are at a position to go into details of the work that she will be producing for us. But she will be making new work, its performance based. And may involve live children.

I think that we are getting to the point where we will be outlining more of a concrete idea of the exhibition, with artists and perhaps some nice talks or events. Maybe even a catalogue if you're lucky.

Getting back to the issue of space as I feel I possibly should George Perec is always a nice one to read, Species of Spaces, a particularly good choice. I'm not really sure how relevant it is to this show but I'm sure it probably will influence my input as these texts always seem to. He rambles in a nice gentle tone, picking up objects and parts of our surroundings that seems droll to most of us and pulls some little gem from his lovely little head.

bye now.

Posted by Will

2 comments:

  1. Will you are so right it does sound like the name of a night club........maybe we should hold a disco!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. Actually, how about the fundraising event in Unit 2 itself?

    ReplyDelete